Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Healing Prayer Request

The first Spiritual Truth that that stuck with me, even before I realized I was on a Path of Enlightenment, was the idea that we create our own reality. It came from a book titled, Illusions, by Richard Bach, the author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull. The concept that we create our own reality by what we THINK was intriguing.

If we think negatively, by this concept, we tend to create a negative reality, a negative world. If we further accept that there is a collective reality being created by others who are also thinking negatively, then it would explain our current reality or what we perceive as REAL.

Every day I wake up to gloom and doom over this oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. This tragedy, unlike 9/11, has been tearing our country apart rather than uniting us. I listen to the latest updates on the oil spread, its damage and potential for damage. Then I listen to the endless debates on whose fault it is. I hear the interviews with fishermen and resort owners along the coast. You hear their fear and anger. I get caught up in all this fear and anger and become part of it. I help to keep it going and yet I feel so helpless to do anything about it.

Today, I received a prayer request from a friend. I was asked to put it out there. I’m not one to do that, especially from the internet, but the request was from Dr. Masaru Emoto, a Japanese scientist. Some may recognize him from research and publications he has done on the characteristics of water. His research reveals that water physically responds to emotions. Our THOUGHTS can actually change the structure of water molecules. When anger and fear are directed at water samples they appear significantly different from samples subjected to prayer and loving thoughts.

Dr. Emoto is asking the following prayer be copied down and repeated by as many people as possible to create a healing in the Gulf of Mexico and our nation as a whole. This makes sense to me. THIS is something I can do help our healing of what we have all done collectively to this Earth. Please consider this request:

Dr. Masaru Emoto's Healing Prayer for the Gulf

"I send the energy of love and gratitude
to the water and all the living creatures in the Gulf of Mexico and its surroundings.
To the whales, dolphins, pelicans, fish,
shellfish, plankton, coral, algae,
and all living creatures . . .
I am sorry.
Please forgive me.
Thank you.
I love you. "

It is a very simple, straight forward prayer. It is a prayer of forgiveness, thanksgiving and love. Our country has fallen so deeply into a negative reality that keeps us prisoners to our dark thoughts of anger and fear. There has to be another way. If our thoughts can make things worse… they can also make things better. Our thoughts can actually heal our fractured Earth and our fractured country.

God Bless America!

Food for THOUGHT…

1 comment:

Lee Anderson said...

I like this idea. I'll send it on to friends & family.