Saturday, January 1, 2011

Change and Changing

As 2010 comes to a close, I note that the one thing that remains constant in my life is… change. Nothing remains static forever. Even the mountains wash to the sea in time and seas dry up and become deserts. Life is conceived, born, lives and eventually… dies. So is the circle of creation and dissolution with birth and death constantly moving, changing and evolving, one generation preceding the next. The Universe rolls on.


We live in chaotic, changing times. Political leaders struggle for our hearts, minds and souls and yet their empires crumble and fall. It is the Present moment that is timeless. The past is gone and the future hasn’t happened yet. All we really have is the Now. It is one of the biggest concepts I’ve had to wrap my mind around. Like many of us, I suppose, I have fretted things in my past and feared things to come. In the process, I’ve missed being fully in the present. Too often, I have missed smelling the roses, enjoying sunsets, tasting a well prepared meal and listening to what people have to say.

But each year we get another chance to get it right, to set things straight. We get a whole new year as a do over. So Happy New Years everyone!

Food for THOUGHT…

No comments: