Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An Open Letter to Senator Obama

Dear Senator Obama,

We have had 8 years of “smear and fear” politics thanks to Karl Rove, Dick Cheney and the Republican boys. I am deeply disappointed in your recent back and forth sniping with Senator McCain, who seems intent on waging another negative attack ad political campaign. Please, please, do not sink to their level. I know that you are probably surrounded by slick campaign gurus that have convinced you that you cannot possibly win unless you do the same, but we were hoping for something better this time. In this eye for an eye back and forth, the issues are getting lost.

I do not care if Senator McCain can remember how many houses he owns. I do care if you can explain the difference between your healthcare plan and his. I want to know why your plan is better. I care that politics as usual is tearing apart and dividing our country more and more. We wanted CHANGE. We wanted HOPE. What happened to the “audacity” of that hope? Where is the man who spoke those inspiring words at the 2004 Democratic National Convention? I want him back.

I want a campaign of ideas, vision and hope. I want a leader who will roll up his sleeves and begin to clean up the mess left to us by the Bush administration. I want a leader who will encourage the best and the brightest to find solutions. I want a leader who will use diplomacy before military force. I want a leader who can begin to heal our deep divisions and bring us together as Americans.

Senator Obama, are you that man?

FOOD for THOUGHT...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve, my dear, all you're going to get from Obama is what you and a lot of other people think are inspiring speeches. In fact, they're nothing but sophomoric, pleasing to the ear bullshit. He doesn't have a clue about what to do with any aspect of anything. Listen to him carefully. Don't close your mind like the German people did with Hitler. They thought his speeches were inspiring and would lead them to badly needed change. He did indeed bring change. Obama is nothing but a charlatan. He's a phony, a faker, and worst of all he's anti America. He wants the United States to become a pupit to the European countries. He's also a rebel. Look at the people he has associated with for most of his adult life. The old saying: Birds of a feather flock together. Please wake up before it's too late. McCain and Palin will expose him for the weasel in the woodpile that he really is. The Democrats should have nominated Hillary for president, or at the very least, for vice president. She whould have kept him under control. You and your far-left friends are dead wrong about Obama. Please come to your senses and vote for McCain and Palin before it's too late. pc

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would have been quite as strong with my words as the poster of the above comment was, but I have to say I agree with what they said! Don't just blindly follow Obama because he can put on a really good pep rally. A good pep rally won't go far on the world's stage.